Intellution Fix V7 and Siemens S7S200

Graeme

G
Has anyone ever found a of getting a Siemens S7 S200 to talk to Fix 7?

It seems to be one of the few plc's that a driver isn't available :(

FIX must be able to talk "OPC".

So you need an OPC server from Siemens or a 3rd party supplier.
Be careful to get an OPC server for S7-200 and not S7-300/S7-400.

Ken your right Fix32 Cant use OPC.

I can get an OPC server to talk to FIX32 but then I'd need an OPC server to talk to the PLC. Gets a bit messy and expensive

I can get an OPC server to talk to FIX32 but then I'd need an OPC server to talk to the PLC. Gets a bit messy and expensive
Do you mean that you can add OPC client functionality to FIX, but it is an option you have to pay for ?

Intellution dropped development of the FIX32 line after porting it to Win2K (Version 7). They are encouraging all customers to migrate to iFix (current package).
OPC compliance was never developed for the Fix32 package and a third party OPC client must be purchased. Such as this ONE. Then an OPC server must be obtained and installed.

I looked into it several years ago, around the Y2K event. Seemed overly complicated, so we just migrated to iFix instead. This is not a straight forward task. Fix32 appears to have been written in C, and iFix is more like Visual Basic. You basically have to redo the entire project.

Ken