Image rotation using ProTool

isantana

I'm trying to animate a graphic in ProTool. What I have is a lever that I would like to rotate in a 90 degree path. The center of rotation is about 1/3 the lenght of my object.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

The animation capabilities of Protool are quite limited.
There is no "rotate" animation like the one you are looking for.
Also, I cannot readily see other ways of achieving it.

The closest is to create a series of bitmaps.
And then display the series of bitmaps in a graphical list .

But I doubt that it will be what you are looking for.

There is no way I know of to animate graphics in protool, only by using different bitmaps as Jesper said. But I have tried this and it's very difficult to make the appearance smooth.

I haven't used protool before so I don't know what math its cabable of if its capable of trigonometry calculations then you can program a "z" coordinate calculation utilizing a combination of sine cos and tan. I once had to write a program in Basic for that functionality I'll have to see if I still have it kicking around. Please let me know if the Protool is capable of advance math. Also it would help me find a good example if I knew what language structure protool utilizes. As Ive stated before I haven't worked with this software however I have written 3d animations before.

Last edited:
Protool can do scripts, including advanced math. It is actually VBScript. You need an OP270 or better to have scripts.

But it is another question if it is a good idea to use scripts to achieve animations.
Anyhow, the problem is that there really is no "rotation" animation that you can attach a script to.

The closest you can get is to put X and Y coordinate positions. But that will only move an object around, not rotate it.

There is an "XGauge" ActiveX in Protool that displays an oldfashioned circular meter. Maybe that can be used.