Op17 for S7400-H

huynt

dear sir
now, we want to use S7-400H(CPU 414) with OP17s. I use profibus with OP17s. Do you know method connect wire CPU414 with OP17s for redandancy

You have to connect the OP17 from a remote I/o rack to the S7-400. It cannot connect to the profibus network, since it will be on one PLC or the other. Both PLCs merge into a remote rack using a Y coupler or a 6es6-157 with an active back plane. Then you can connect serially or Modbus from the active backplane to the HMI using a CP340 or CP341. I've used the TP170B connected with Modbus communications, with a redundant network and it worked fine.

Hi!
I have not connected an OP17 to an S7400H, but I have connected a T270/MP370 etc on profibus.
You will need a 2 repeaters to bring both profibus cables into one cable.

The OP project must not be integrated into Step7 (you can develop it integrated, but must unintegrate before downloading)

In Not Integrated Protool go to controllers ->double click on the PLC and click on parameters ->select profibus and make sure that the baud rate matches, etc each panel should have a unique profibus address Under peer parameters the address, expansion slot, and rack should all be 0(zeros).

Now both panels will be talking to whichever CPU has primary control and they will switch when the CPUs switch.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: