traffic light program

Help? Let me see now!

The best way to get help with PLC programs is to post your code here and someone will be glad to make recommendations on how to proceed. I use LogixPro in my PLC classes to teach my students how to do various types of programming. The traffic light simulation is not that difficult to figure out. If you will save your program as a picture, you can post that here as an attachment for us to look at. There is really no better way to figure out something than to give it a try and keep at it till you get the fool thing to work for ya!

saving program as a picture

how do i save my plc program in logix pro and how do i put it on the message board?

thanks

Ok, we are getting somewhere!

First of all, when you choose save your program as a picture, pic the JPEG option, not the BMP. A JPEG takes less memory to store and has enough resolution to get the job done. I have attached an example here for you to look at. It is not of a traffic light program but just an example of the JPEG storage option. As for the three rungs that you posted, what you have won't do much. Think about this! Program to make the east-west or the north-south direction work first, then expand your program for the other. Since each light color must have its own time element, that would mean a minimum of three timers for each direction as one way to approach this problem. Think simple and think about you sitting at the light in an intersection and watching all this happen in front of you.

ladderrungs.jpg