panelbuilder32

DANNYC

Concerning panelbuilder32, I am trying to upload the program directly from the panel (1400). I am not having any problems communicating with the terminal, but when the upload is complete, panelbuilder32 will not open the application. It is showing it as a pva file when the upload is finished. The original file is 133K and listed as a pba file and the file I uploaded is 24K in size. I am using rslinx ab - df1 - 1 point to point for my communication utility. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to All

DannyC

The '.PVA' file is the compiled form of your '.PBA' source file ready to be sent to the panel. Panelbuilder can open it and then you can resave as a '.PBA'. When you do the 'open' make sure the 'PVA' type is selected.

Also as a note, the 'PVA' form is the file which can be placed on a memory card for insertion into the slot on the PV display. From Panelbuileder you can use 'Save As' and set the type to 'PVA'. Then it can be moved to the memory card with ordinary file move commands. Also a current application on the display can be saved as a 'PVA' to an installed memory card and then moved later into a non-connected computer. Actually this is a convenience I wish all Control devices had (with compatible cards of course).

I had a similar experience with not being able to open an upload from a PV1000. It appeared to be going through the opening steps & would stop and give message "Unable to open document". I contacted Rockwell support & was told that it an issue with PanelBuilder 32 Ver. 3.81. They suggested downgrading to version 3.80 which solved the problem. Also they mentioned that version 3.82 will be out in early January & it will include the fix.

I have done many uploads of PV600's with ver 3.81 & never had any problems opening the .pva file.

I may be wrong here, but I'm fairly certain that you need PanelBuilder 1400 (not PB32) in order to program a PanelView 1400.

I'm sure someone can elaborate.
A complete part # w/revision would probably be helpful too.

jimbo3123 said:
I may be wrong here, but I'm fairly certain that you need PanelBuilder 1400 (not PB32) in order to program a PanelView 1400.

The other software is called Panelbuilder 1400e.

Keep in mind that there are Panelview 1400's and 1400e's, each using different software.

The 1400 (not "e") is a CRT monster and uses the Panelbuilder32 software.