RSView32 and CX-Server (DDE Server)

adeah

Hi All...

I'm trying to make an MMI with RSView32. I have CX-Server DDE Server with CPM1a OMRON PLC. And I have a problem with the "topic" and "Application" when I setup Nodes in RSView32. I can't see neither bit or analog of OMRON in my RSView.
Let say I have a file in CX-Server named "lab". How do I set up my nodes in RSview32?
Appreciate for your help...

Regards,
Adeah

I thinks yes it does. RSView supports both DDE and OPC. I have tried to make an xls file as a RSView topic and I have succesfully writen and read a tag from xls.
And I have tried to make a DDE link from CX-Server from xls file, and successfully done.

It means that both CX-Server and RSView32 support DDE.

Thanks anyway for the relpy.

regards
ade

Seperti biasa mas

You don't have to do anything special , you have proven the DDE link.
open Node in View ,enter the name , enter the server dialog box and you will see your dde server . Set up a tag data base as normal.
I've just tried it and it works OK

O thanks Fred..
But my problem is, I don't know what is the topic's name of CX-Server that recognized by RSView...? Also Application name, when I'm entering a node...

Can you give me an example.... please

Thanks

hi adeah

I don't want to sound negative but last time i tried to use cx-server with rsview32 I gave up and used the kepware opc driver instead, we had messed about with cx-server for over a month and had omron technical support look at the problem, all to no avail. Downloaded the kepware driver and bingo, comms. So my advice is use the kepware opc driver!!

regards

kevin

Hi too Kevin
Thanks for the info.
Oh.. really....??? That's too bad...
Last time I copied a DDE link from CX-server and put the link in the excel worksheet. And it was wrking... But the maximum update rate of the cx-server was 1 second (that's was the fastest)

I've not tried your way (ie: using kepware)

Thanks Kevin
Regards,
adeah