traffic light program

dpatto01

I dont want a bunch of nonsense. Ill probably never program traffic lights. I just want a copy of a program for trafic lights. one with timers and another with sequencers. thank you. this is not for school either. This is for my own knowelage.

I dont want a bunch of nonsense.
Aint that special.

I just want a copy of a program for trafic lights. one with timers and another with sequencers.
Why not write one then? If your learning it will teach about timers, sequencers and possibly more.

BTW This is how you spell knowledge...the above is how you obtain it.

Guess you dont always get what you want. Christmas will come in 364 days.

Do you think someone is willing to help with this attitude.
or with rude PM.
Most of us willing to spend our time to help.But not with this approach.
If it for your knowledge as you say.It look like you have nice obsession.
which call Traffic Light.Mybe you need some other help.....
Or the end of the vacation is pressing ?

forgive me

forgive me if i seemed to be rude. Just want help with the traffic light program. when i figure it out, I will post for all to see.

dpatto01,

I'd advise you to do a site search for "traffic lights" but then again you'd find the same type of responses as posted above. The problem is that this question comes up frequently, and the requestor usually is a student and shows little intrest in working on the problem him/her self.

Another issue is that you've created at least 5 threads regarding the same issue, which makes it very diffucult for others to follow the conversation, and to provide you with any assistance. Please try to post on the same thread with the same topic.

Incase you havent alread found it there's a "traffic light" problem on this site here: http://www.thelearningpit.com/lp/doc/index.html

Last edited:
I will post for all to know

when I do figure the traffic light program out, I will post for all to know. I believe in sharing the knowelage and by the way, I do have a degree in engineering myself.

I think your missing the point...Which is that if you post something, even if it's wrong, you'll be showing some effort; in which case people will suddenly be jumping all over in an effort to assist you.

Take for example this thread: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11015

Here the thread starter was polite, showed effort on her own behalf, stayed on the same thread etc.. and got lot's of positive responses.

elevmike said:
Here the thread starter was polite, showed effort on her own behalf, stayed on the same thread etc.. and got lot's of positive responses.

A bit of an understatement there, Mike. At last check there were 418 replies (highest number on the SITE, by far) and 12,294 views; and 'we' ;) haven't even got to the logic end of it yet.

Using the old adage "If 'ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say nuthin at all", I normally don't even respond to threads and attitudes of this nature.

Paula definitely knew the proper way to phrase a question for assistance, there is no doubt in my mind she is good at her job...more important will always be better tomorrow.

ATTITUDE can make or break you.

My attitude is not what it should be. I usually offer information on things like the traffic light, unitary, etc etc...all the silly "nonsense" and some that isnt nonsense. I figure since I attempt to provide relevant information most of the time I can respond with nonsense when its called for. That is where my attitude isnt what it should be.

Terry said once that any idiot can program a PLC and I am probably proof of that. Its not programming that makes you good, its the desire to improve what you do. Its being all you can be then becoming more. Its being willing to work to learn anything that may help you improve your skills.

The objective to creating programs, or any endeavor for that matter, is learning different methods and approaches to obtain the best results. Any situation can have varying factors that may require learning or doing different than what you have done in the past.

The US Army has a slogan: BE ALL YOU CAN BE
I worked at a place with the slogan: BE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO
I agree with Terry, the BEST aint good enough, always strive to be BETTER.

I am working on my attitude along with my education to become an engineer even though its unlikely at my age I will ever hold an engineering position.

When I do a search for plc's, plcs.net doesn't pop up in the search right away.

I guess I'll have to try searching google for traffic lights to see if plcs.net is at the top of the listings.

Using sequencers (drum) logic should be an easy find on google.

I wonder if teachers just send students here, automatically. I wonder how others get here, also.

When a salesman from a supply chain comes in to see me (some actually still go out into the field) they can make or break their own future with attitude. When company standard is Square D motor starters, and four of eight local distributors handle Sq D, then the attitude coming accross IS VERY important. They may lose out on some substantial orders. I gave one salesman his years quota in the period of a couple months. He got info and prices to me promptly, and provide outsatanding tech support, and answered my dumb questions. One salesman's atitude cuased him to be black-balled big time. In a poll I posted a while back, Tom said he "voted with his purchase orders". So true.

When someone wants help, the same is true. They come here, and theh map out their fate. To continue on what Ron said, Puala did an excellant job in starting out her thread. As it was probably the largest and most read thread, it could almost be a text book example. We all have the option to help, to ignore, to get mad, or...

Anyone can get loads of help here, all it takes is a simple request. It is understandable how some may get upset when the same question gets asked repeatedly. The members of the forum here are a very diverse group. It would be interesting to see if all were to get together for a period of time and hang out together.

Together, as a group, we could solve all the problems of the world. Could all agree of the best plc? Not a chance.

Phil has brought together a great bunch of talent here.

Thanks Phil!

Thanks one and all!

We don't all have to agree with each other all the time.

May everyone have a prosperous new year.

And may the good I/O be your I/O.

regards.....casey

Last edited: