Anyone ever use an Optimation Pointe Controller or RTU I/O?

CaseyK

In the cornfields, on the prarie, outside Chi-Town
Had an inquiry anout a Pointe Controller, which threw me a little, as I couldn't remember where I heard of it. As it turns out, we took a couple of them out on new machines a few years back and installed "the company standard" at that plant. A quick google search found Pointe as part of Nematron / Optimation. I've had a lot of experience with Nematron, but all I can say is that I have seen Pointe units in use.

Don't know anyone who has ever used it. So, any one had any experience with them?

I kinda like to see people stick with one of the bigger outfits, like AB, GE, AD, Siemens, entertron, Moeller, Omron, and a couple other smaller ones.

regards......casey

Not having experienced, Tri, Poine, Keyence, and so many other small outfits, I try to avoid them.

Last edited:
Nevermind.....

As it appears, only two other threads mention the Pointe controller.

One asking if anyone had any experience with it.

Another, thinking of using it.

It seems pretty basic, not a lot of options, limited inputs (I prefer 16 on a card), and light duty relay outputs.

Even though the price isn't too bad, you probably get what you pay for.

So, it will be easy to scratch this one off the list.

So, customer who probably won't do anything anyway, won't be not doing it with a Poine controller.

regards all.....casey

THREAD CLOSED!