Mitsubhisi Melsec

Deer

Hi All,

I am familiar with AB PLCs but never use with Mitsubhisi PLC (Melsec A1S series)
What I want to know is about analog I/O card addressing.
Let say, I want to MOV value that comes from analog input module CHANNEL 0 that located at slot 3 (AIS63ADA) to analog output(A1S62DA)CHANNEL 0 at slot4
In AB PLC (SLC series) this can be done use MOV I3:0 to O4:0.Simple..
How about with MELSEC PLC, anybody can help?
Thanks in advanced

Deer

Hi All

What you must do is set up a "To" And "From" command.
I have this in my notes at home,I am on site today but when I
get home I can mail you on a copy of the code.

Donnchadh

First get the manual and read it.

You will find some stuff that is understandable only when you first understand it :(

What I mean is that the books are awfull.

Take a look at the section where it mentions BUFFERS.

Thats where everything happens.

You will have to write to some buffers to tell the card how to operate and then you will need to read some other buffers to get your data (or write to them in the case of outputs)

1 Buffer is set to ENABLE every channels.
1 Buffers is set to make averages of readings
1 Buffer per channel get you the data.
Other buffers deal with errors.

To write to buffer you must use the "TO" commands
To read you use the "FROM" commands.

Pierre,thanks for your reply...
I still difficult to understand to configure it, Mitsubishi PLC manuals is very poor to get it.
Ok, I already use "TO" and "From" instruction using GX Developer s/w,
when I make "TO" instruction at a rung,on the Detail, I should fill "Input Device" and I get explanation:
"Writes the data of "n3" points, which begin with the device specified at S, to the addresses starting at the address specified at "n2" of buffer memory inside the special function module specified at "n1".What the meaning is?
Thanks in advanced

Deer