Siemens TI Ethernet Setup

PhoenixZA

I have a problem setting up the Ethernet Properties of a Simatic 565-1104 CPU. I have a 505-CP2572 Ethernet Card. I have re-read the manual about 100 times and searched the web for info, but still no progress.

If ANYONE can help, please do so, because I have a project with this CPU where I must use the Ethernet Communications with Citect, which has been unsuccessfull thus far.

Additional Information:

I know the problem I have is with the Eternet Setup, because I cannot Ping the PLC. It returns a Timed Out Error.

My thanks to anyone that can help.

P.S.

I HATE Siemens S5, Siemens S7 is much Better.

Are you connecting through a hub or straight from PC to PLC?
If straight from PC to PLC you must use a cross over cable.
Don't mean to offend but sometimes the simple things get you.

I am Connected Direct from PC to PLC, and I am using a Cross-Over Cable. The network is connected, and I get keep alive Activity from both the PLC and PC.

And no Offence Taken.

Are you starting the Network Server with the autostart switch(EEPROM) or are you using PLC logic (recommended)? IF you are using the PLC logic, post your information.
What are the values of your control words?
What IP address are you trying to use?

If you are using the autostart switch, how did you set the values? By default the factory autostart setting contains an invalid IP address.

Ken