hsc

G
A&B Micro 1000 the hi speed counter is it 5000 cts per second
or 5000 cnt per minute??
Thanks

The embedded high-speed counter function on the DC-Input MicroLogix 1000 controllers has a top frequency response of 6.6 kHz.

1 kilohertz = 1000 hertz = 1000 cycles/sec

So it's about 6600 counts per second that you can expect the MicroLogix 1000 to keep up with.

The 1200 and 1500 controllers have a faster highspeed counter function; I think it goes to 20 kHz.

Thanks Ken i thought that was the way it worked.
I`m having one of thoughs days to many numbers not
enough brain power. When you get old and confused
it`s bad.
T Sullens o_O :site:

Register and everything will become very clear.
It won't do a thing for the age but you'll be batting .500

still need HELP

Well .500 would look real good today.
Here`s the deal I`m using a Micrologix
1000 20 dc inputs 12 relay outputs and using the HSC type UP counter C5:0 also using HSL source N7:5 length 5 N7:5 is 0
N7:6 is 0. The value from the 2 thumb wheel switches is divide into the total number of counts in 1 rev. and this value goes into N7:7 for a preset for C5:0 this all seems to work ok. The problem is if the counts coming from the prox on the motor coupling get very fast the counter quits accumulating period slow it back down and it goes back to counting. The plc we pulled off was a Mistabiushi old model FX something I think and it was sinking only. The Micro can be hooked either way and sense the prox was sinking we hooked it up the same way. After it wouldn`t count fast we put a 2500 ohm resister across +24 and input I:0/0 to make sure it was seeing something besides - and infinity
this didn`t help. Tomorrow we`re going to change the prox and use sourcing on the plc. Has anyone had simular problems?? And yes the old plc counted just fine at the HI Speed we just didn`t have the software to program it and we`re speeding the machine up. Well that was the idea anyway. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks and yes Peter I know this is like a rock and a stick doing Motion control, but it`s all we need.
:unsure: 🔨

:site:

Aha !

The MicroLogix 1000 DC inputs have a software filter on them that defaults to 8 milliseconds.

This default is to address the sort of general-purpose applications in which contact bounce is a problem, or in which 60 Hz noise is a problem on the DC supply.

In RSLogix 500, go into I/O Configuration, then click the Filter Adjust button.

You can adjust the input filters in groups, and can adjust them as low as 0.075 milliseconds.

1 more ?

After I set the filter the program worked fine. EXCEPT for one little gliTch.
The way the program works you take the number from the thumb switches and divide it into the total number of counts in one revolution then take this number subtract 100 from that and when it reaches this value it opens an output which puts the DC drive in low speed so it will stop on the preset of C5:0 without over running the counts. And it would do this maybe 10 times then on the nexted index instead of stopping it would index again. C5:0/dn was in the sealin part of the circuit. The rung below it reset C5:0 and each time the counter was reset but sometimes the sealin didn`t drop out. So in the reset part of the circuit I brought on a timer and replaced C5:0/dn in the sealin part of the circiut the with T4:0/TT and set T4:0 for 1 second, but why should I have to do this?? :unsure: At the speed it was running a regular cnt would have worked in low speed you can see the shaft moving very slowly. This is a very simple program maybe 15 rungs no subs. Does it have something to do with HSC and the way they work. It`s kind of a trade mark it seems like i always leave at least one little GLICH. Could be because I never fully undrstand what I`m doing! :confused: