plc integration

scott

S
I have RSlogix software, designed for Allen Bradley PLCs. I would like to build an adapter which will allow me to connect the computer with this software to a Mitsubishi plc. I understand that electronics will have to be used and also that there will be adaptors on the market which will allow me to do this but I would rather build it myself. Does anybody have any idea how I can go about doing this

No go, Scott. You may need an adapter to get from RS232 on your PC to RS-485 on the Mitsubishi, but that won't let you use RSLogix with the Mitsubishi! Every PLC manufacturer has different communications protocols, different compilers, different addressing schemes, and different instruction sets. Electrical compatibility of the serial interface is the easisest part of tying in to a PLC.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I am currently facing a challenge while trying to connect two Weintek HMI units with a Mitsubishi FX2N PLC. When connecting a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, my company is looking forward to design a terminal automation system by integrating PLC with Technip FMC's microload meters. In this...
Replies
Views
Hi every one, I need help,if any expert on omoron. i have omron hmi NA5-12W101B-V1 , i want to integrate with plcs, i have options siemens...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I need help if any expert on omron. NA5-12W101B-V1 i want to integrate omoron HMI with siemens s7-300 PLC ,Allenbradly micrologix,and...
Replies
Views
Hi somebody has integrated a sensor in CanOpen protocol in The plc horner? I want to integrate a Inclinometer but I don't know how to read it. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom