ControlLogix with Profibus application required

ckchew666

Hi,

We are working on a ControlLogix (with CNET) project which has both Modbus (8 inverters) & Profibus DP (20 Danfoss Inverter).

There is the MV156-MCM that we can use provide the CLX with Modbus devices, but I'm wondering what convertor from Prosoft Technology that we should use for Profibus DP comms.?

Anybody have any recommendation?

Thx.

The SST-PFB-CLX module from Woodhead Connectivity (of which SST is a division) is the way to go. I have used it a number of times with ControlLogix and always had good success.

If it was my option, I'd use DeviceNet with the ControlLogix because that gives you pass-through routing of configuration tools and full object access to the drive parameters. Profibus scanning from the Logix pretty much just gets you I/O.

You can read/write parameters of the Danfoss drive. Just make sure you pick the appropriate PPO type, one with PKW data. This will be your parameter read/write area. By the way if speed is a factor, profibus is a lot faster than devicenet.

Go with a SST card.

Thx everyone for ur valuable response, really appreciate that :)

We'll go for SST since everyone highly recommend it. Thx.

Our customer told us that their Danfoss is using Profibus V1-DP network, while Metler Toledo is using L2-DP communication network, thus these two device cannot communicate with SST profibus module, does anyone can clarify this?

Thx.

Hello ckchew666;
Just set up your Profibus-DP master as a DPV1 master (it is an option available in the configuration software for your network). The following message from Siemens should clarify things.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

dpv1.jpg