S7/run/flashing

abuelfun

hello
friends

I hope someone to help me in solving this problem that i have a plc simatic s7 - 300 cpu 315 that when i select its switch to run position it start flasing ( continously )

best regards

Possible cause for this behaviour can be, that there is system data stored on the Micro Memory Card, which is invalid with the 315-2DP. (data on the MMC is not erased while resetting the PLC)
The easiest solution is to try a new MMC, or erase your current using an external prommer

regards

Hello Abuelfun;
Another way to remove data from the MMC is to open the PLC memory online: Go to Available Nodes, click on the MPI address of your CPU, open the blocks folder. You will be shown all program blocks from your project, including the SDB (Hardware) blocks and also the SFC/SFB containers. Select all program blocks and the SDB blocks, leave all SFC/SFB blocks; delete the selected blocks. This will effectively erase completely the data on your MMC card, and you can restart your downloads. I suggest you download the HardwareConfig first and see if the Run LED is OK. Then load your program files. This will help you determine the source of your p[roblem.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I dont see any Mention of a MMC in the Original Post? It might be an older CPU. You need to Interogate The Diagnostic Buffer from the PLC/ Module Information (Press CTRL + D) From Within the S7 Software.

What events took place before this happened ? Program Download etc, Could be alot of things

Post back with some more Info.

Hope this Helps!
Steve

Assuming we are dealing with a new type of CPU (with MMC), Daniel is right. However, I have experienced that a 315 CPU with a MMC (that had previous been working fine in an IM151-7 CPU (ET200s with internal CPU)), could not be opened online at all.

The only solution at that time (not having an external prommer), was to put the MMC back into an IM151, and erase it online. Then I put it back into the 315, and it could be programmed normally again.

I'm not sure if this problem always occurs with system data on a MMC that does not belong to the CPU it is in.