Windows error message on OP270.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi, my customer has phoned me about an error message that appears on the screen of the OP270-10.
It appears to be a Windows message box with a text approximately like this:
"Program memory is very low. Close task."
- What causes this error ?
- What can be done about it ? I know that there is a slider somewhere in the Control Panel to set some memory priorities. Maybe that can be used to get rid of the message.

The application is a "regular" HMI task against an S7-400.
I have made a datalogging of alarm messages to the flashcard, but there is no flashcard installed at the moment. Does that cause any problems ?

Just an update.

I have recieved some help telling me that when there is no flashcard in the OP, then datalogging continues but is redirected to a temporary RAM area.
That seems to explain everything.

I guess that datalogging should be started by the operator with an appropriate setting (like "Start datalogging to flashcard").
I had set the datalogging to start automatically.

Hi Jesper

I have a very similar problem with a MP370 showing memory errors after 2 to 3 weeks uptime. How did you specify datalogging to the flashcard and not to RAM?

Thanks

Hi Random,

open the Archives folder and you can immediately see the storage location to the right after each archive that has been setup. It should be File \Storage Card\ProCSVarc .
If not, open the properties for the archive, select the Settings tab, Database and File will be the options you can select.
Database means that it can access an external database over the network (for MP panels, on PCs the database can be on the same unit).
File means the FlashCard in the MP panel.

There are two solutions to your problem (as I see it at the moment):
1. Allways have a Flashcard installed.
2. Let the operator decide to start and stop datalogging to the archive. You should then deselect this setting:
General tab ... Start archiving automatically .
The functions Start_Archiving and Stop_Archiving can be used to manually control when logging starts.
(3. It is not impossible that the behaviour of your MP panel is caused by this setting:
Settings tab ... Output system message when 90% full.,
choose FIFO buffer or Sequence Archives in stead.)

edit:
4. If you have specified a database on the network as the storage location, then I suspect that the error message will be the same if the network is disconnected.