RS view 32 software

bezure

maybe someone can explain what the problem I am having is.I am trying to install RS view 32.I have loaded the program with the activation key. but for some reason it will not give me an icon to start the program. needless to say I am baffled at this event.I have tried to load it three times. anyone have any ideas.

Your system spec, please. Also, what exactly do you mean by "icon"?

Do this file "rsv32.exe" exist on your PC at all? Do a search.

Anything under Start-Programs-Rockwell software-RSview 32?

When you say loaded, you mean installed, right?

not everything in the world is automatic

Creating a shortcut (icon) on your desktop isn't part of the installation process. If you want one, you have to do it manually - you do know how to do that, don't you??

Depending on your installation, you may need multiple shortcuts. Note that the installation DOES install shortcuts to the Start Menu, which you can copy to the desktop if you want.

There are different programs loaded, mainly "Runtime" and "Works". Works allows for development / editing, and requires the works license. Runtime is (duh) the runtime only enviornment.

If you want a project to automatically load from a shortcut, you need to modify the "Target" field in the shortcut properties box.

Target: "C\Program Files\Rockwell\RSView32\RSV32.exe" "C:\MyProjects\ProjectName.RSV"

If you want a runtime project to automatically load AND RUN from a shortcut, append "/r" at the end of the target string.

Target: "C\Program Files\Rockwell\RSView32\RSV32.exe" "C:\MyProjects\ProjectName.RSV" /r

To load and run a project on windows startup, copy that last shortcut into the 'Startup' folder on the start menu.

Good luck.