CPU331 into Ethernet

Hello

Is CPU331 ethernet compatable? I had asked question about connecting CPU331 to my PC before.Steve,Ron and Russ suggested that I should use SNP adapter and connect with the power supply.

I am wondering if I can use the same adapter with cable to connect the PLC to an ethernet switch. Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks
Arik

I can think of three ways to connect to your 90-30 via ethernet.

1. You can add an IC693CMM321 ethernet interface module if you have an available I/O slot.

2. You can replace the CPU331 with either an IC693CPU364 or IC693CPU374. Both of those CPU modules have an integral ethernet port.

3. You can use an IC200SET001 serial to ethernet adapter.

Thanks Steve. I am considering to replace CPU331 with CPU364 which will make the unit consistent with the other units we have with CPU364.

Do I neet to have any 10-100base hub or ethernet media converter? Or should I just connect the CPU364(with RS232 cable I suppose) to a port in existing switch?

Thanks
Arik

The CPU364 has two ethernet ports, one AAUI, the other 10baseT. If you choose to use the AAUI port, you'll need a media converter. Otherwise, connect from the 10baseT port to your switch. Off the top of my head, I don't know whether or not you need a crossover cable. I expect that detail is in the manual somewhere.

One other point: If you're going to replace the CPU331 with the CPU364, double-check your power usage. You may need to go to a high capacity power supply. The CPU364 consumes 7.5 watts.