help!

coxy

i have a project to do for tomorrow and i aint completed it yet, im stuck with the final question! iv searched google but i end up with loads of rubbish, can anyone help please :D

i have to suggest a typical use of gx developer

i also have to explain in detail a typical plc controlled system

can anyone point me in the right direction

cheers

coxy said:
iv searched google but i end up with loads of rubbish, can anyone help please

You could try using Google's advanced search feature. >>LINK<<

You could also try other search engines such as Yahoo, HotBot, Lycos, etc.

Another option would be to read the class book or notes you took from the class.

I think a typical use of GX Developer would be programming Mitsubishi PLC's. There are probably several not so typical things you could do with it...

Re: Re: help!

93lt1 said:
I think a typical use of GX Developer would be programming Mitsubishi PLC's. There are probably several not so typical things you could do with it...

Eric- I already provided that useful piece of information :D

In detail.... a typical PLC system.
Inputs that represent the state of a switch or dynamic device (position, pressure, or power on/off) used in conjunction with Boolean Logic or Math to determine the condition or state of an output device.
This input condition is accomplished with voltage or current to indicate the input device state (via wires). Once the conditions stipulated by the solve logic/math (program) dictate change, the voltage or current to an output device are changed, via wires, to accomplish desired results.
Decisions are made based on Boolean Logic or transitional states (math or compares), these decisions are then used to direct new conditions or states.
Field devices such as switches and variable transducers (pressure, length, position, or whatever) are wired to the appropriate input devices (usually called input cards or modules). The program contained in the memory of the PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) examines these input states and then performs the "program logic" to change the state of an output device. This change is sent to an output (another module) that is connected (via wires) to a device (valve, light bulb, or motion device) to change the "state" or "control" some condition.
This PLC "system" usually contains voltage or current power supplies to provide power to input and output devices.

Last edited:
I am still in the belief that a PLC Class just meets twice, once to post questions on the black board, and once to collect the answers.

I think it silly to assume that they have text books, or even lecture so the students could take notes.

I base this on the student questions that we have show up.

I look back to my college days, one of my favorite classes was technical math and calculus. We had joke day, euchre day, ralk about beer day, talk about semi-trucks day, and talk about girls day. I don't remember talking about calc t all. Closest came when on truck day we would sometimes talk about gear ratios.

Alas, i miss them old days.

regards.....casey

93lt1 said:
Eric- I already provided that useful piece of information :D

Well I'll be darned... Yes, you did... :oops:

For some reason, I've been repeating other's posts quite a lot lately. Perhaps I should start READING before I post?... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

For some reason, I've been repeating other's posts quite a lot lately. Perhaps I should start READING before I post?...

Join the club. Old timer's disease??????

Lesson learned coxy. Do not leave everything to the last minute. I am sure you have had your assignment for some time. You should have done it earlier instead of getting stuck into the Guiness or Kilkenny with your mates. Or chasing sheilas!!! Much better than the grog anyway!!!!!

Been there done that. No internet and excellent web sites like this one in them days. Here we go, showing how darn old I am again.

By the way, do any of you remember your first computer? Mine was an old 8086 clone. It cost me a fortune to upgrade the hard drive from 5 to 10 megs!!! Almost the cost of the whole computer!!!

My, how times have changed.

You had a hard drive!? Wow!

(Of course, nobody called them 'hard' drives, they were Winchesters, weren't they?)

Ken

First PC was an 8088 (cheaper than the 8086).
No hard drive, just dual floppies. Used it mostly for word processing, the WP programm had about 5 floppies, you would have to keep swapping floppies every time you need a different function.

Latter on bought a 10 meg hard drive board. Paid 300-400 USD for it used at a swap meet.

Some of my younger co-workers complain about the slow boot times of current systems. I remember I used to fire up the pc and go make coffee.
It took about as long to boot as it did the coffee maker to make a pot.

8088? 8086?

do any of you remember your first computer? Mine was an old 8086 clone
First PC was an 8088 (cheaper than the 8086).
I have heard of these old "ancient" computers, but never actually saw one. You guys have a picture of it?
I'm not that old (hahaha...like I'm almost gloating about my age) :D , but my first PC runs on windows 3x on a Pentium mmx, if I remembered correctly. my only use for it those times are to type some documents and play games. I only got to disect that PC when my brother upgraded the computer to a Pentium 2 or something like that.

regards
Sherine T.

Computers:

1. Apple I (purchased in a kit from the classifieds of an electronics rag)
2. IBM 5110. (6 inch screen with two 8" floppy drives)
3) Apple IIe with Appleworks and Begale Brothers database tools.
4) PCs Limited (now DELL) 386 ($5,000.00+ for monotor keybord and PC)
Ran Lotus Dbase, Peachtree, and WordStar.

Then on to Microsoft.....