FM steper driver..

Farid

HI all,

I have a simple indexing application, which I've decided to use a steper motor for...

the steper motor used is SIMOSTEP and it generates 17 newton meter...
now my question is:

can I drive this motor by using FM steper drive which is compatible with S7200 positioning module and I can use the wizard in microwin to generate the required movements and subroutines...or should I use FM353 which is compatible with S7300?? cause I only have microwin and I dont want to
buy step 7 ,

the local siemens rep has quoted FM353 and I don't knnow why...still waitting for his reply...probably tomorrow, hoppefuly he will explain why he did not quote for the FM driver(which is compatible with S7 200)instead of FM353..

I am not familiar with S7300 plcs...and I wanna stay away from it as could as possible..so..

what do you think guys..any inputs ?

best regards.

🍺

I would recommend the EM253 stepper module for you since you have experience with the S7-200. PN 6ES7 253-1AA22-0XA0
The FM353 for the S7-300 is a complicated beast especially if you do not have any S7-300 experience.

If the SIMOSTEP motor is just a stepper motor, you also need a drive between the motor and the EM253 module