Email Alarms from WinCC

• Thread starter rookie_engineer
  • Start date

rookie_engineer

R
I was curious if anyone has attempted to send alarms via email from Siemen's WinCC scada package. We are currently behind the times still running version 5.0 using C for the global scripts. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

This is a long way off from WinCC but I've been playing with the Siemens CP243-IT card's email for the 200 series and found it can't send emails through a server that requires "Authorization". That means if you server requires you to log in with a username and password to send mail it won't work. Therefore it can send mail internally (authorization not required) but not externally through the internet.