VB hint needed

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
The system has many PCs and a network of PLCs and somewhere a barcode scanner.

We have managed to bring into a Database, the realtime scan results in ASCII and now we want to add one not essential but nice feature.

Has the parts flow down the process line, they are scanned and we want to show the picture of the part in front of an QC inspector.

Everything works but this:

We have the part number and want tu use it as the .bmp file has the same number value.

For example, for parts No. 0001 there is a file named 0001.bmp

How can I add a suffix to this part number in order to retreive the image file name.

What don't work is

Picture1.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\DB\bmp\" & rs!P_NO ?????.BMP extension addedhere?????)

Tancks again guys!!!

Pierre,

Assuming you have all your variables properly configured, I think what you need is:

Picture1.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\DB\bmp\" & rs!P_NO & ".bmp")

This should simply append the .bmp to the end of the part number.

Steve

Ain't this site FANTASTIC?

Tanks Steve.

I'm an "older days hacker".

I will never ask a question unless I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how the thing works myself.

After 4 hours of messing up the database and searching help files and the web. I tought I could ask.

Darnest thing is that it never occured to me that my searches would have been more succesfull if I new the word "append". I was looking fo "suffix".

When the wise man points at the moon I sometime seem to look at the finger :(

Tanck again Steve and PHIL!