Question about S7-416 programm..

zrawi

Hi everybody!
Im planing to control 350(I/O's)points total with S7-416 PLC.. I will use 5 ET200M (on Profibus) stations and each has sum of 70 controlled I/O's.
There will be 5 operator panels too(OP17).

So, Im wondering - Will this PLC handel it?
Anybody has done it before? Please share your experience..

Thanks in advance!

Without knowing exactly what your process requirements are, it's a little hard to be sure, but if all your I/O is in the ET200Ms, a 416 CPU sounds like overkill to me.

I'm doing a project at the moment with over 1300 digital I/O points and 60 analog I/Os in 23 ET200Ms and we're using a 317 CPU with no problems at all. The 317 costs between a half and a third of the price of a 416, depending on model.

If you have some special requirements which may require the full power of a 416, then you need to post a few more details.

Hello Zrawi;
Have a look at an extract of the S7-416-2 controller specs. I think it should have no problem handling your 350 I/Os. It can also connect up to 12 OPs at a time (included in the 64 connections mentionned below).
So, have fun!
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Big thanks RMA and dchartier for your information!
That bmp file cleared the situation a bit.. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have the 317 specs in such a handy form as Daniel, but if you go here you can download the 31x technical details.

As usual with Siemens, the URL is HUGE, so if it doesn't work, go to the Siemens Support web site and search for ID No. 12996906.

The 317 will also handle your five OPs Ok.