Delta v

jacksly

Hi,

I am working for Emerson Delta v system, now i have a question
How to communicate with AB Micrologix 1200 by RS-485, distance between DCS has 200M. if can, could you send relative message

Try blackbox.com they have an assortment of line drivers that may help

What protocols does the Delta V support? If there is a DF-1 or DH-485 option, you should be able to make this work (with the right hardware). You might even be able to use modbus as a protocol, if the Micrologix 1200 supports it. I don't remember if it does.

Sometimes, data exchange between DCS systems and third party hardware uses OPC. In that case, you'll need an OPC server (like RSLinx, or KEPServer) running somewhere in the DCS.

AK

use Modbus RTU

DeltaV's VE4006P2 serial module can be used to communicate with Modbus devices, or you can purchase a license to use their implementation of DH+ protocol over RS-232. In my experience, DeltaV's implementation of DH+/RS232 protocol is very buggy and unreliable.

Because the MicroLogix 1200 supports Modbus RTU easily, and it doesn't cost any more to license Modbus RTU on the DeltaV, I strongly recommend sticking with Modbus RTU protocol.

You will have to contact DeltaV directly to figure out their RS-485 port wiring; they don't put it in the product brochure.

http://www.easydeltav.com/pd/PDS_SerialIntSeries2.pdf

You can then choose an appropriate RS-485/RS-232 converter to plug into the MicroLogix 1200. I use B&B Electronics for good serial converters and isolators.