5V Encoder, 24V Input

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know of a device that would let me run one leg of a quadrature encoder signal (say the A channel) into a 24V input at my PLC?

The encoder signal is 5V Square wave, 3kHz Max.

Thanks

ndzied1,

Any good Signal Isolator (also sometimes called a Signal Converter) will let you put in one range of voltage (say 0-5 vdc) and convert it into another voltage output range, say 0-24 VDC, which will also be isolated from the input.

Similar Topics

Hi; I have noticed that at our machines, when pulse frequency of encoder is high, OEM uses 5V encoders instead of 24V. What could be the reason?
Replies
Views
Hi all, i want to use DC motor with the PLC and Block have Pins for encoder input and supply 24v dc. how i can use 5v dc encoder with the PLC block.
Replies
Views
Hello i have an Avago encoder and it gives out a 5V pulse. it is also powered from a 5V supply. my plc has an encoder card that gives out 24V...
Replies
Views
I have an application using an incremental encoder and then I convert it to degree (0-360) using calculation program. For a while, the calculation...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, so please forgive any omissions or mistakes. I am attempting to control the velocity of a stepper...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom