FLEX Logix

gizmo

I'm running a FLex I/O Rack via 1794-AENT ethernet module back to a 1756-ENBT (control logix Enet adapter) to a Control Logix Processor.

Here's my problem:
I need 9 slots of I/O on the Flex rack, but it appears the maximum number of slot that can be configured under the 1794-AENT is 8.

What are my options for adding the 9th slot/card?
Do I have to build another Flex Rack(PwrSupply&AENT) or what?

Thanks

You're correct; any FLEX I/O adapter only supports 8 modules. Look at the backplane pins; you'll find it's a serial bus with 16 pins (two pins per module).

If you need more FLEX I/O, you'll need another 1794-AENT. Whether or not you need a separate power supply depends on how heavily loaded your existing one is and how it interfaces with your signals.

The FlexLogix controller supports more I/O than a regular I/O adapter only because it has two FlexBus channels to support two rails of 8 modules each.