Need voltage to current converter.

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
I need a source for a voltage to current converter that has a +/- 10 volt input and a 4-20ma output. Hopefully, this voltage to current converter would be obtainable overseas. As the customer is in India.

I searched the internet. I find a few 0-10v to 4-20 ma but not converters that take +/- 10 volts.

I know these converters exists. some of my customer have used them before. I sure that one of you probably know of the top of your head a good source for the required voltage/current converter.

Thanks

You can look at this item from API or this one from Action Instruments. You would probably have better luck getting the Action Instruments item overseas since Action is part of the Eurotherm group of products.

Phoenix makes one, also. This is probably a better bet yet in India.

Keith

Thanks

The first two are WAY too slow. 100 milliseccond response times will not do in a motion application. I had no idea that simple electronics could be so slow. Sorry about that. I didn't mention the need for speed.

The phoenix one on the right is fast enough ( 450HZ ) but the only converts +/-10v to 0-20ma. Our new controller can be biased to output 0-10 volts and this can be converted to 4-20ma. The previous ones I found could also do this but they were not fast enough.

I would still appreciate another other options. So far the 450HZ phoenix converter is the best.

This is a possibility!

Peter, give these guys a try.
Wilkerson Instrument Co., Inc.
2915 Parkway Street
Lakeland, FL 33811
Toll Free:800-234-1343
Phone:863-647-2000
Fax:863-644-5318
Email:[email protected]
They offer a unit that is not +/- input as I could find, but that does not mean they do not or can not make one. The interesting thing about this model DM4300 A is it is a high speed unit. The specs say High Speed Version with 0.1 ms Response. If you contact them directly or through a rep, you may find what you need. I have used their equipment in the past and it is first rate.

Last edited: