Job Postings

CaseyK

In the cornfields, on the prarie, outside Chi-Town
Since I get a lot of calls from headhunters, I decided a couple of months back to refer appropriate ones here to post on the JOBS section of the site. A few of them have actually done so.

I am often asked "did you get my e-mail?". Generally, I haven't, and ask what e-mail address they sent it to. All to often it was sent to an e-mail address that I haven't used since 1998 or 1999. When you post a resume on line, sometimes they stay there "forever".

One thing that I have noticed, is that so many people are posting resumes on the Help Wanted side. Can't they read? Many something is lost in the translation. Perhaps Phil can figure something out here, perhaps reverse the Jobs Wanted and Jobs Available sides, to make it more likely that they will go to theJobs Wanted side to post there resumes.

Anyway...

IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU FOR A JOB that you aren't interested in, why not send them here if it is PLC related.

regards.....casey

kc9ih said:
... snip ...One thing that I have noticed, is that so many people are posting resumes on the Help Wanted side. Can't they read? Many something is lost in the translation. Perhaps Phil can figure something out here, perhaps reverse the Jobs Wanted and Jobs Available sides, to make it more likely that they will go to theJobs Wanted side to post there resumes.

Good point.
I am open to suggestions for improving that area. It's one of the biggest maintenance headaches...
It either gets full resumes, posts in the wrong section, or non-plc related jobs(ie spam)

----Jobs wanted and offered sides switched. Excess postings removed. Let's see what happens... ----

Last edited:
Re: Re: Job Postings

Phil Melore said:
----Jobs wanted and offered sides switched. Excess postings removed. Let's see what happens... ----

Hahahaha!!! I've done something very close to this a few times with programs not behaving the way I wanted. beerchug

Ods of getting good results are pretty low. beerchug but you get high marks for efforts!

We need to put Phil in for a raise!

Where else can you get a response in 9 minutes like this.

Most customer service organizations have you "push 3, now" for at least 15 minutes, including hold time, and then you get disconnected!

To give Phil a raise, send me CASH by e-mail to this "LINK" .

Remember.....CASH ONLY!

kc9ih said:
Since I get a lot of calls from headhunters, I decided a couple of months back to refer appropriate ones here to post on the JOBS section of the site. A few of them have actually done so.

Here also it uses the same expression
When a service is executed very badly, the contractor cuts you head, it loses criteria.
Also it is not easy (hard problems) or not solved, call for services where it practically has the possibility to lose the head.
I consider good possibilities of the service

Unhappyly, in South America, these calls (services) are not declared, to distrust not solve or add damages.
In others countrys, perceive that invitations exists. This is true ?

I find the current descriptions under 'PLC related employment - wanted'
and 'PLC related employment - offered' confusing.
For what it's worth I suggest the following descriptions:

PLC related employment - wanted

Individuals -
Use this section to advertize your skills to a potential employer,
place your resume here.
Employers -
Use this section to look up resumes of potential employees.

PLC related employment - offered

Individuals -
Use this section to look up available job openings.
Employers -
Use this section to advertize for an employee, place the description of a job opening here.

Further more I see that Employers and individuals from countries
other than USA are advertizing here. You should probably have some sort of check mark system to identify where the job is or where the
individual wants to work.