Communication to Siemens TP 27

bucsfan552

Hello All,

I am a new User to Siemens hardware and software and I am having some trouble communicating to a Simatic TP27 using ProTool. I have purchased cable (6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0) and ProTool software, but cannot get my laptop to connect to the TP27 for backup. I need to retrieve the code out of the TP27 to simulate it on the laptop. I have tried every mode (Serial Transfer, Online, Offline) and it will not connect. I keep getting (Could not Establish Connection) errors. Does anyone have any tips on what I should be doing?

Thanks,
Mike

I dont know about the TP27 but with other siemens panels ive used, you need to place them in transfer mode. Im sure somebody will give you more specific info.

Hope this is of some use to you

Steve

Ive just checked in Prosave whether the TP27 is listed and it is, So there is a possibility that you can't pull out a useable project with Protool.

If thats the case all you can do is use Prosave to make a backup and contact the supplier for the full Project.

I'm quite interested in this as i may use a TP27-10 on a up and coming project.

All the best

Steve

tp27.jpg

1. Yes, you have to put the panel in transfer mode before attempting download/upload.

2. You can upload the application from the panel by means of the Prosave utility. But the uploaded file can only be used to download to another panel. It cannot be edited in Protool.

3. The "enable upload" feature in Protool works only with the CE based panels, and then only if a flashcard is inserted. It does not work with TP27.

Thanks for clearing that up Jesper!

Seems the restrictions of the Text panels cross over into some of touch panels as well.

Do you know if the newer "Wincc Flexible"programmed Panels are the Same?

Thanks

Steve

Do you know if the newer "Wincc Flexible"programmed Panels are the Same?
Not sure, but I certainly expect them to work in the same way in this respect.
Anyhow, I would delay switching to Flexible until it has matured a bit more. Unless you pick one of the "Flexible only" panels (OP77B, MP270-6), there is no requirement to switch right now.

Is there any way that I can transfer the code in the TP27's internal memory to a Flash Card since it has a Flash Card slot.
Yes there is, but the result is the same: You have a backup that can be used in another panel, it cannot be opened for editing.

Jesper,

I am not looking to edit the file in ProTool I am simply looking to simulate it on the laptop (RunTime). Is that possible?

Thanks,
-Mike

The possibility to simulate the application the PC came with the CE based panels. So I am sorry, it is not possible with your TP27.

The only way to simulate your TP27 program is to get the original Protool project, and convert it into a TP270 project (not so difficult as it sounds).

JesperMP said:
The only way to simulate your TP27 program is to get the original Protool project, and convert it into a TP270 project (not so difficult as it sounds).

There are a few objects that don't convert from a TP27 to a TP270, as I found out a while ago when I replaced some TP27 panels with 'newer' TP270's.

The big difference was the fact that TP27's use byte swap, where as the TP270's did not. If your tags in the TP27 project use any M bits, these are swapped in the PLC (i.e Tag tied to M0.0 in the panel is M1.0 in the PLC), as most of my 'buttons' and 'switches' used M's, I found it easier to re-write the whole project for the TP270. This also gave me the opportunity to update the screens to incorporate the extra functions that I wanted to include.

Apart from that I concur with all the replies so far.

Paul