Newbie & D0-06DD1

th1nker

Hi All,

I'm just starting out with PLC programming and have purchased a DL06 and DirectSOFT to program it.

I am trying to do something extremely basic to start - actuate a solenoid valve from DirectSOFT. I have connected the DL06 as follows,

C3 : Common DC - (incl. Solenoid -)
+V : DC +
Y11 : Solenoid +

I have put an OUT on the end of Rung 1 in DirectSOFT and the light on the DL06 comes on to correspond to Y11 but there is not voltage across Y11 / C3 (tested with voltage meter).

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks, Luke

Welcome to the forum.

The DL06 does not pump out 24VDC from the common to drive your solenoid.
You have to attach power.

Which '06 do you have? I have an '06DR (DC in & relay out)

post your code - folks here will help

Rod (The CNC dude)

Close, but opposite...

The D0-06DD1 has sinking outputs. The way you have it wired would be correct for the sourcing output version (D0-06DD2)

Using your example, here's how you wire the output of the D0-06DD1:

C3 : Common DC -
+V : DC + (incl. Solenoid +)
Y11 : Solenoid -

beerchug

-Eric

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a D0-06DD1 and it's ruuning off AC. I've then connected a DC power supply to the +V terminal the DC+ and the C2 on the X connections to the DC-. I've checked with a voltage meter and when placing it over those points the correct voltage is present.

Thanks, Luke

Ah right so I have it in reverse! Doh... I've been reading so much I've gone mad I think..

I'll give it a go now.

Thanks for the quickness in your replies.

Cheers, Luke

Thanks for that.

The PLC now actuates the solenoid but it stays open as I don't know how to enter a command to shut it off lol. Do you have any suggestions on 'dummies' guides to programing with DirectSOFT?

Thanks, Luke

th1nker said:
The PLC now actuates the solenoid but it stays open as I don't know how to enter a command to shut it off lol. Do you have any suggestions on 'dummies' guides to programing with DirectSOFT?

You're already learning. Be sure to read through Phil's tutorial for a start.

Time to hook a few switches to your inputs, then start with a few simple rungs:

| X0 Y11
|----] [------------------------( OUT )

The valve will turn on and off with the switch on your input. Yes, very boring... :oops:

| X0 Y11
|----]/[------------------------( OUT )

Now it works the opposite way!

Now on to something more 'fancy'... :D

Two switches controlling one output.

| X0 X1 Y11
|----] [--+---]/[-------------------( OUT )
| |
| Y11 |
|----] [--+

Try to guess how this will operate BEFORE you run this program... ;)

Welcome to the world of PLCs... :site:

beerchug

-Eric