Proficy 5.0

Horned Toad

Greetings!
I am a new subscriber and I do believe I've come to the right place for, uh let's call it career enhancement. I bit of background before my question. I am an industrial electrician with over 20 years in the field, mostly production floor troubleshooting. I've recently started learning to program plc's,and there is a tremendous volumn of information to absorb! I have access to the Rockwell Automation software and product line, as well as a few others. My question is centered around the GE line. Should I jump right into the latest offerings, ( Proficy 5.0 ) or is this a complex package to cut teeth on? :rolleyes:

Best choise but... GE Fanuc Proficy is very large package what include as new versions of common Inellution components (iFix, iHistorian) as newest GE A&E Historian. You can start learning from older versions of Intellution Dynamics package (iFix 2.21-3.0).