Can use RSView32 w/o RSLinx for DF-1 comm?

ckchew666

We have a very small projects (abt 60 I/O). It's a monitoring system. We are quoting MLX 1500 with DF-1 communication.

RSView32 with 150 tags is required, so I'm not sure we should put in RSView32 150 tags with RSLinx or without RSLinx. The bundle RSLinx is OEM if not mistaken.

I'm not sure the free version RSLinx Lite can be use?

Reporting & Trending is required.

Thx.

not positive, but...

We use RSLinx Gateway for most of our projects. I am not positive, but I don't think that LinxLite has the capabilities you're looking for. Open up RSLinx and click on the help tab. On the overview page of the help file at the bottom there should be a list of Linx versions that show the capabilities of each version. This should give you a good idea of whether or not Lite will work for your application. Good Luck.

Russ

Hrm... it's been a while, but I thought View32 came with a version of Linx that would support one client connection (ie: one PLC to RSView32) if it was installed on the same machine as View32.
If not, then yes, Single Node is the lowest 'licensed' one you can buy, with the same restrictions as above

Looking deeper, looks like Single-Node is what you want, if it's not included with View.

Rockwell Blurb: RSLinx Single Node includes the required functionality to supply communications services for all Rockwell Software products. OPC and DDE interfaces are supported, but to only one device. It does not support applications developed for the RSLinx C Application Programming Interface (API) or direct drivers in HMI applications. RSLinx OEM or higher is required for these application types"

Last edited:
RSLinx Lite will not work w/RSView32. The RSView packages you need are 9301-2SE3103 (150 runtime w/ RSLinx Pro) or 9301-2SE3104 (150 tag runtime w/RSLinx Single-Node). If you buy 9301-2SE3100 (150 tag runtime), you will not get RSLinx and it will be more expensive by the time you purchase RSLinx separately.

new stuff

There is also a NEW 75 tag version of RSview 32.
#9301-2SE2053 with Links around $1300 without links
#9301-2SE2050 around $900.
Who knows they may start giving it away?

:site:

Re: new stuff

TRACY H said:
There is also a NEW 75 tag version of RSview 32.
#9301-2SE2053 with Links around $1300 without links
#9301-2SE2050 around $900.
Who knows they may start giving it away?

:site:

Thx. this is new info to me :) I tried to google around, but do not find any info on this....the cat# is correct?

Pls clarify. Thx.

Last edited:
Hi,
U Should Quote for RsView with RsLinx Professional. Since it's a monitoring system, u will require to use RsLinx to communicate with MLX.
Thanks
Arun Mallah

RSLinx Pro will be overkill.

There is an important difference between "OEM" and "Single Node", apart from the number of possible connctions.

OEM will allow the use of a direct driver between RSView32 and the PLC, OR the use of OPC as the connection between the PLC and RSView32.

Single Node will ONLY provide OPC connection. There is no direct driver in Single Node. This is also what it says in the quote rdrast posted.

The direct driver may be a little bit easier to learn how to use.

edit:
mgvol posted some type numbers for RSview32 bundled with Rslinx Pro and Rslinx Single Node.
I am quite sure that there are bundles with Rslinx OEM as well.

Last edited: