Siemens CP 441-2

This begs the question...

Why would you want to connect two S7 400 PLC's via the CP 441-2's? What's wrong with using profibus or MPI?

Perhap you have your reasons.

Any serial to fibre convertor should suffice for your needs, google the phrase 'serial to fibre convertor' and you should get plenty of ideas and options.

Paul

How about using a pair of OBTs? There are probably cheaper ways than using the Siemens OBTs, but it ought to work.

Edit: Or do they only work on Profibus?

Last edited:
Bogdan said:
The distance between two CPU's is 10 km. It's the reason why I have to establish fiber optic link.

I am not disputing the use of a fibre link, I was questioning your choice of using a CP441-2 for what I assume to be data exchange between two PLC's. I was wondering why you are not using profibus or even ethernet to 'network' the two PLC's together,

Again, perhaps you have your reasons. Would you like to share them with us?

Paul

It's old project and I didn't decide to use CP 441-2's. I only have to change the way of data transmition because to date was telephone cable between two CPU's. The cable was dismounted and fiber optic was installed.