PanelBuilder Download

kamenges

I am currently working on an application where we have a PanelView 1000 communicating over DH+ to a ControlLogix processor. We have a 1556-L62 processor, a 1756-DHRIO/C DH+ bridge and two 1756-ENTB/A Ethernet bridges in the rack. One of the ENTB bridges is actiong as an Ethernet/IP I/O interface, connected to a 1794-AENT adapter and two 20COMM-E Powerflex drive adapters. The DHRIO bridge firmware is at V5.3. the ENTB firmware is at V2.4. The PV firmware is at 4.41.

I am trying to do a PanelBuilder download through the ENTB through the DHRIO and on to the PV. (My PanelBuilder version is 3.81, by the way) I have configure the DH+ routing table and RSLinx Lite (V2.41) according the AB knowledgebase document that talks about this type of download. I have a valid routing table set up, I have my Virtual link ID set the same in the routing table and RSLinx. I have quadruple-check the IP address on my laptop. I can see the PV in RSLinx. But I get to the line about 'checking device compatibility' (or whatever it says) during the download and I don't get any farther. It's like the DH+ routing table isn't right or my virtual link ID isn't right. But I've checked those several times and they are correct.

Does anyone know of any super-secret handshake stuff that might account for this? The real odd thing is I had this working about a month ago. We were testing the machine and the delivery got pushed back a month or so. So I let it sit for a month. Now I'm powering it back up and this problem popped up.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

Thanks for the replys.

Derek-
The technote you listed is the one I used to set this up originally. Originally it worked fine. But now, for some reason, it doesn't.

John-
I'm connected to the ENTB internally on the same subnet. I'm not accessing this remotely. I wouldn't expect the firewall to be involved. Is this something I need to worry about.

Just to clarify, I am at the same physical location as the plc and PV. I downloaded the PV program using DH+ through a PCMK card. I don't absolutely need to get the gateway download working. It just irritates me that the gateway download used to work with the same hardware and configuration (as far as I can tell) and now it doesn't.

Keith

John-
I can't disable our firewall here so I just pulled the ENTB and the laptop off the network and connected then together through a switch. I ended up with the same result.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Keith

What Johnny Rotten is probably referring to is your Windows XP firewall. XP Service Pack 2 had a number of security "enhancements" that broke many Rockwell Software products. Go to the link below and type "Windows XP SP2" into the search bar and browse the applicable documents for work-arounds/pathces:

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/$$Search/?OpenForm

Since this was working several months ago, I would just about bet that something got upgraded (like a Windows update). If you are not using XP SP2, then I suggest you call AB tech support.

mgvol-
Thanks. About two weeks ago I connected my laptop to our company network and the server automatically bumped me to SP2. I'll give this a try but I'm pretty sure this is the thing.

John-
Sorry about that. IO was a little myopic with the whole firewall thing.

Thanks guys.
Keith

Update

Disabling the firewall on my laptop and changing my DCOM settings as recommended by the Knowledgebase document in the link below did the trick.

Thanks for the help.
Keith