More Information On Interview

HEMANG

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

I HAVE APPLIED FOR 'TECHNICAL FIELD ENGINEER' POSITION

EMPLOYER HAD A TALK WITH ME AFTER I SUBMITTED THE RESUME AND ASKED ME TO CALL ON TUESDAY AND COME TO ATLANTA ON THURSDAY

EMPLOYER ASKED ME ABOUT 'MITSUBISHI' PLC AND ABT. ANY EXP.

I TOLD HIM I HAD NO HANDS ON EXP. BUT HAD ONE WEEK COURSE

WHAT I KNEW:

I KNOW ALLEN BRADLEY AND MODICON MOST OF THE REQUIRED STUFF LIKE NO,NC,OTE, SBR,JMO,LBL, CTR,TMR, OSR

MY ONE WEEK COURSE WAS TOTALLY ON SOFTWARE
BUT I ATTENDED IT IN 2002

I CURRENLTY WORK AS 'ELECTRICIAN' AND HAVE 'INTRUMENTATION' ENGG. DEGREE FROM INDIA
PERMANENT RESIDENT OF U.S.A

THIS IS NOT THE ONLY JOB I HAD ON MORE JOB LIKE THAT BUT IT IS 'PROCESS CONTROL ENGG' POSITION.

HEMANG said:

1) THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

2) I HAVE APPLIED FOR 'TECHNICAL FIELD ENGINEER' POSITION

3) EMPLOYER HAD A TALK WITH ME AFTER I SUBMITTED THE RESUME AND ASKED ME TO CALL ON TUESDAY AND COME TO ATLANTA ON THURSDAY

4) EMPLOYER ASKED ME ABOUT 'MITSUBISHI' PLC AND ABT. ANY EXP.

5) I TOLD HIM I HAD NO HANDS ON EXP. BUT HAD ONE WEEK COURSE

WHAT I KNEW:

6) I KNOW ALLEN BRADLEY AND MODICON MOST OF THE REQUIRED STUFF LIKE NO,NC,OTE, SBR,JMO,LBL, CTR,TMR, OSR

7) MY ONE WEEK COURSE WAS TOTALLY ON SOFTWARE
BUT I ATTENDED IT IN 2002

8) I CURRENLTY WORK AS 'ELECTRICIAN' AND HAVE 'INTRUMENTATION' ENGG. DEGREE FROM INDIA
PERMANENT RESIDENT OF U.S.A

9) THIS IS NOT THE ONLY JOB I HAD ON MORE JOB LIKE THAT BUT IT IS 'PROCESS CONTROL ENGG' POSITION.

1) YOUR WELCOME

2) OK

3) OK

4) OK

5) OK

6) OK

7) OK

8) OK

9) OK

YUR THRD DSNT INCLD. A QESTIN.

SE. THS THRD.

Technical Field Engineer

Hello Hemang,

If you are already an electrician and possess a good knowledge of control wiring, you may have a chance at this position.

The key to this one is "Technical Field Engineer". Field in this case probably means travel. Whether travel is around the greater metropolitan area or out of the state, is yet to be determined.

Again, if you are a good trouble-shooting electrician you will have an advantage over a person that is not often on the plant floor. My advice is to keep your mind open and learn as much as you can about PLC programming while on the job.

Suggest to your future employer that you will need a little time to become familiarized with his or her style of equipment. This is not an unreasonable request. Be prepared to soak any forthcoming knowledge like a sponge. Do not forget to take notes! In many cases, people will gladly hand-out tips to those who are interested.

Good luck to you. :)

NJG