PLC2 File Search Compare

mwatkins

With the FCS instruction in a PLC 2 would this be the same as using a SQC in a SLC?
Does the FCS do the comparison as long as the rung stays true until it finds a match or the end of the file, does the rung need to transition for each word in the file?
Does the program perform the FCS before going to the next rung? ie does it compare the entire file first or one word in the file per scan.
Does the Enable bit stay on while the rung is true, does it go off when the done bit is set?
Thanks for the help.

The FSC and SQC are similar but not the same.

On a false-true transition, the FSC scans the file for a match and sets the done bit when one is found. The counter accumulator will indicate the position of the match. This all happens before moving on to the next rung. The EN and DN bits remain on while the rung is true.

This next bit I'm not sure of but I think a subsequent false-true transition scans the file from the position of the first match until a second match (or EOF). IOW, a reset is required to ensure the search starts at the beginning of the file.

I didn't think the DN bit get set until the end of the file is reached, and not if it finds a match. Does this sound right?
I could use a sub routine to run through the SQC and then when a match is found jump back out.
Thanks for the answers this clears up a lot.