S5 Im318-8

Hi folks,

It's been awhile since a programmed a Siemens S5. Now I need to make a small modification to an existing PLC configuration.

First I'll explain the configuration:
We've got an S5-115U with an extention rack, to that extion rack are 4 ET100 modules connected using IM318 interface cards. On one of the ET100's I need to replace an Input card with an Output card.
How can I do this? What do I need to configure (and where) so the Master Plc sees an output card instead of an input card and how do I define the output numbers. Now I have an 

Should just be able to swop them and place the correct locator on the rack to match the back of the output card.

The addressing will be fairly simple just follow on 32 bits from the start of the last output card - Unless the addressing is variable, then you will have to work it out from the flex addressing card.

hope this helps

Its been a long time since I've done a ET100 config but I'm pretty sure....

You should have a IM308-3 'send' module in the S5-115U

It will have an EPROM fitted which will hold the configuration data for ET100 drops

This configuration data consists of the:
ET100 drop no.
The start addresses of the DI, DQ, AI AQ for that drop
The end addresses of the DI, DQ, AI, AQ for that drop
The rack configuration (Module 'type' to slot)

If this is so then you'll need a copy of COM ET100 & a prommer/eraser

....then again I've been wrong (frequently) before.....

Last edited:
I have not had the pleasure of configuring any ET100's, but I have worked with ET200U's and I have even added some ET200S's (IM151's) to an existing rpofibus network. If you are interested in that then Click Here

Using any version of Com Profibus software, you should be able to upload the existing configuration from the IM308 in the S5 Rack, make your changes, then download back to the IM308. There should be no need for a prommer as the new configuration uploaded will over write the old configuration on the card. That is providing you have the correct GSD files.

Paul

Hello,

Krk You are absolutely right, I found the COM ET 100. And I even did found the configuration. But there is one question that's buttering me. Normaly you should put the PLC down before you can remove the eeprom (tension less) is this correct?

Rudi

Rudi

I would power the PLC down before removing the EEPROM, this way you will also ensure that when you refit the EEPROM with your new configuration on board, the new configuration is read and loaded.

Paul

Hi Rudi

Paul is correct - insert or remove the EPROM submodule only when the PLC is switched off.

Kevin

H iguys,

Seems that I have one more question, when I want to blow the EPROM
The MLFB-number is filled out (6ES5-375-1AA11) but then Ive been asked to fill in the Submodule ID. What is the Submodule ID, the default is 456.

Rudi

I would have expected to see a type 376 EPROM submodule fitted...

...don't remember the meaning/significance of the 'Submodule ID' field though.....just try leaving it at the default value at first, if it don't work, you can ask here again...there's sure to be a S5 guy here somewhere who knows...

Last edited:
Rudi

Are you sure that you have the correct part number for your memory module??

I cannot find that part number in any of the information that I have.

There is a 6ES5 376-1AA11, but no 6ES5 375-1AA11.

If the part number is 6ES5 376-1AA11 then the submodule ID is indeed 456.

Paul

Hello,

And yes you two are right, it is an 6ES5-376-1AA11. But it also seems to work with an 6ES5-376-0AA11. I presume it is an earlier version.

Rudi

Rudi

The part number 6ES5 376-0AA11 was indeed replaced by 6ES5 376-1AA11.

The older version was NMOS (Negative channel Metal Oxide Semiconductor), the newer version being CMOS (Complementory Metal Oxide Semiconductor).

The submodule ID number of the 6ES5 376-OAA11 is 56 not 456.

Just a bit more useless/useful information in case someone is interested.

Paul

Randomfire,

I was re-reading the replies and I was thinking could it be possible that you were talking about IM315 or IM316? I think those card are working in that manner?
On the otherhand I could be wrong.

Rudi