C-H Panelmate page configuration problem

Robby

I am trying to configure a new page for my 1500 Power Series HMI.
I have no problem opening model pages but cant seem to get an empty screen to start a new page from scratch. When I go to "open Database" and highlight pmconfig it shows 3 subcatagories
1)convertdb
2)model
3)online
can I configure a page without being in communications with the plc or HMI. I have down loaded the A-B drivers to the laptop.
Thanks Robby

C-H Panelmate Page

1st. I assume you have and can see the configuration file under the Panelmate 1500 heading. If you have "uploaded" it you must "import" it before you will be able to see it. By default they are "uploaded" to ..\pmconfig\online\cfg .
2nd. Open the "configuration pages", hi-light the txt
"Configuration Pages", at the bottom of this active window clik on "New". Fill in the info for the new page and there you have it!
Clik on OK, and the new page, will be added to the list under your configuration file name. Double clik it and away you go!

All of this is done "off-line", then you "export as" and upload.

I have worked a very small amount w/ AB Panelview and Siemens OP, I think the PanelMate beats them all for easy of use and what it can do.

Good Luck, lansoc http://www.execpc.com/~lansoc

Panelmate 1500

When you create a new page in the PanelMate 1500 there is always what looks like a program in the top inch or so of the page. Ignore it, it will not show up in your program

When I open my software it shows a window cantaining a project tree.
the window is titled C:\PMCONFIG\MODEL Database
I this wher I want to start a new project and build pages.
When I do the pages have alot of info on them already like:
Coolant pump failed, reduction furnace overtemp and silence alarm Horn

Are these items the program you told me to ignore?
Is this were I program or are these sample programs?
If I go to c:\pmconfig\online\cfg the file is empty now so do I need to modify a model config then import it to this file?
Thanks for the info as you can see I have been hoping for some help for days.

Those messages are to remind you of where the PanelMate displays alarms. You can put a button anywhere on the screen, but if you choose to define alarms, the messages will display at the top of the screen. The software inserts dummy messages there to remind you of the potential for an alarm message interfering with any operator devices you place in that area.

How is it that you're stuck with a PM1500? They stopped making that POS a couple of years ago when they came out with the PM1700. The 1500 had a history of quality problems, the most serious being in the touchscreen. If this is just for teching yourself the PanelMate, go ahead and use it, but I would advise against putting the thing out on the shop floor. Trade it in for a 1700.

Thanks Steve, actually I just had brain surgery and am trying to self teach myself a skill that requires less brawn and more brain. Even if I don’t get to the level of all of you I enjoy the process of learning this stuff and can already see that it is forcing my noggin to get back up to speed. If I am asking dumb questions please bear with me. I think I am finally getting through this thick skull that I should be setting up my pages on the pages the software calls model pages. Don’t worry I don’t think anyone will be hiring me to put anything on the shop floor for a long time. For now this is strictly amateur hour. Robby

I wrote an answer Off-Line, but I see someone answered. As long as I had it written I'll include!

You wrote:
When I open my software it shows a window containing a project tree.
the window is titled C:\PMCONFIG\MODEL Database
Is this where I want to start a new project and build pages?

Yes, this is where you start!

Next you asked:
Coolant pump failed, reduction furnace overtemp and silence alarm Horn
Are these items the program you told me to ignore?

Not me, but, yes ignore this. I don't remember if it will go along or not. This is related to chk marking for logging of alarms when it is also told to log them. I would have to check and play to truthfully answer that. You can do that yourself. OK!

Next:
Is this were I program or are these sample programs?
Yes, this is where you program!

Next:
If I go to c:\pmconfig\online\cfg the file is empty now so do I need to modify a model config then import it to this
file?
First you will do a normal "save as" then it will shown. After you are done and "export as" it will show up in the file tree.

Thanks to all that posted. I am up and running now. My special thanks to lansoc who walked me through it. I was making a series of small mistakes. I think I can do it on my own now.
Robby