Quick Question on 5/04 plcs

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
If i have many machines on a L541 plc and have a (single) machine on a L542 plc with under 16K memory used are these units interchangeable ?

They all boot from EEProm on power up btw.

All you have to do is "save as" the existing L542 project under a new name, and then try to change the processor to an L541. If the conversion works, then there is enough memory in the L541, and the newly made file can be loaded down.

So yes they are physically interchangeable, but the .rss project file will need the processor type changing in order to get the application to download. You should be able to check all this out in less time than it takes to read this post.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I've recently started an internship at a manufactory, and one of my projects is to replace/update some old PLCs. I need to gather a...
Replies
Views
So the quick and short of the situation is that I designed an axle press that was sent to one of my company's other facilities. That facility just...
Replies
Views
So I have a PID loop on an 1756-L61 running V17 software just for background. Also the PID PV is a pressure transmitter and the CV is speed sent...
Replies
Views
Has anyone come across a 3 turn potentiometer that is panal mounted with either a 22 or 30 mm hole? I have been looking but nothing so far. They...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just learning CCW, finally got connected to a micro820. I'm wondering what the Version number means. The program that was already in the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom