Locked Processor

mwfloyd

I have a MicroLogix 1000 that a former employee "LOCKED" and therefore I can not upload the program. The PLC has a bad input and I need to transfer the program to a new unit. Does anyone know a way to either unlock the processor or transfer the program to a new unit?

Rockwell has a technote (#P16983) in their knowledgebase regarding this. However, the link in the document to the technote specifically for MicroLogix is broken. I reported it over a week ago, and it stil won't work. I suggest you cal Rockwell Tech Support @ (440) 646-5800, press option 2 for Allen-Bradley, then press option 1 for programmable controleers, then option 2 for SLC/MicroLogix, and then finally option 1 for SLC/MicrLogix without motion control. If they tell you to go look at anything in the knowledgebase, tell them that the technote is broken.