Playing with devicenet some help reqd.

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ok

Just playing with devicenet rsnetworks and setting up a 1747-sdn scanner for mapping a 590+ SSD DC Drive

I will be using in this example

0x71 read 12 bytes as per ssd manual

0x66 write 10 bytes as per ssd manual

see attached for ssd manual page

One Question

On the edit IO Parameters in rsnetworks

which way do i read the Input and Output mapping

i have attached a photo, is this correct

ie

input size - 12 which corresponds to a read on the 590+ of 12 words ? or have i got this the wrong way round! ??! ?

Thanks in advance

drives manual.jpg

I think you have it right.

The Scanner Module configuration window in RSNetworx for DeviceNet can be forgiven for breaking with the "Produced / Consumed" nomenclature that DeviceNet uses to be unambiguous about the direction that data is going.

In the 1747-SDN I/O Connection window:

Input Size: 12 Bytes This data is Consumed from DeviceNet by the 1747-SDN and placed in the Input data file of the SLC-500.

Output Size: 10 Bytes This data is taken from the Output data file of the 1747-SDN and Produced on DeviceNet.

So what does this mean relative to the Eurotherm documentation ?

Assembly 0x71 is a Read assembly. If the data is "read" from the drive by the DeviceNet adapter, then it is Produced onto the network, then Consumed by the 1747-SDN, and becomes Input data in the SLC.

Assembly 0x66 is a Write assembly. If the data is taken from the Output data table in the SLC, is Produced onto DeviceNet, then Consumed by the Eurotherm interface, it may be Written to the drive.

Verbs are so much fun !

Where did you get that user manual ? If I can read the whole thing it might make more sense to me.

Heres the user manual

It does document an RSNetworx example, but the screens show Rx and Tx which i presume is an old software version?

Also if i map 12 bytes of input from the drive to the scanner it shows on the scanner input table as only 6 ? ie I:1.1 through I:1.7

A little confused ?

I cant attach the manual as its >300K but heres a link

http://www.ssddrives.com/usa/doc/HA463575.pdf

Andybr said:
I am sure that you have already realised this but 12 bytes = 6 words.
ie I:1.1 - I:1.7.

Duhhh

Had a slight brain blockage :(

All cleared on the bits, bytes and words now !