Changing Modes in OMRON PLC

LumberJack

Hey gusy...

Im interested in changing the PLC mode in some OMRON PLCS, specifically C200Hs/HX. Does anybody know if there is a free utility that will change the mode? I don't need anything to program, I just need to change to a different mode, and would like to avoid paying for PLC programming software.

Any help you guys can give would be great! Thanks.

LJ

Maybe you should elaborate, by just changing modes - what are you going to achieve(without having the software).

Is your intention is to stop all outputs by switching to Program Mode or so. Maybe there is a better way.

Thanks Anthony...

Yeah I've been looking at both forums. It seemst here are more people here so I would be able to get some additional oppinions.

Well basically I have a set of quites written by some coleages who are no longer around which configure various flag settings on the controllers. Unfortunately when Im not in program mode I get errors. I just wanted to see if there was an easy way to just put the PLC in program mode and back in run mode when finished.

Thanks

LJ

Thanks!

I looked through this program before I just didn't realise I could use it for that. The OMRON C200H manuals I have conveniently ommit that information.

I will run some tests this afternoon on an HX setup and see how it works.

LJ

Neat... I havne't seen this manual before. It's not in my large stacks of yellowed OMRON publications. I still can't beleive that all this stuff is only as old as 1996.

LJ