S7 CP315-2<->SIMOREG DC/Profibus link

Laurent

Hi all,

I am not familiar with Profibus but have an excellent opportunity to improve my knowledge and know-how with this new project:
- A S7-300 PLC controls a tram system. The DC motor is driven by a SIMOREG DC power unit. The PLC and drive are both linked on Profibus-DP. Actually there is also an OP270B on the network, but we already found all the answers regarding this item.

The configuration includes: S7-300/CPU315-2DP <--> SIMOREG DC with CBP2 Profibus board. The drive has a 16 words PZD area. The HW Config manager allows us to select PPO 4 as a communication method, meaning 6 words in PZD area. The available programming tools are Step7 5.2 (5.3 upgrade in prospect) and DriveMon 5.3 (Drive ES to be quickly implemented).

I would appreciate your input and programming tips on three points:
- In that case, should we use SFC14 and SFC15 from the PLC in order to read/write the drive's PZD area?
- If yes, does this mean that we have to "scan" the PZD area by blocks until we access the 16 data?
- Can we access ("call") any useful data in the drive by the Profibus link OR is there a built-in limitation to 16 data to/from the drive?

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions,

Laurent

Expand your sfc14/15 to 32 bytes or 16 words. Then go in to the hardware config- select NO DEFAULT- under type select -
-Actual value then length 16 words
-Setpoint then length 16 words
I typically make my I/O the same ie.. 256 actual and 256 setpoint.
As long as you point to the correct address in SFC14 and 15- it doesnt matter.

This will allow 16 words of write data and 16 words of read data.