mitsubishi programing prolems

gdb43

I am programming a mitsubishi fx2nc. The piece of equipment I am writing the program for needs to cycle twice using the same hydraulic valves and the same coils . The first cycle pulls the ram down 3/4 of the way and the second cycle pulls the ram down all the way. After the first cycle the operator has to turn the part inside of the die and then run the second cycle by presssing the hand switches that were pressed for the first cycle. I need some advice on how to stay away from double coil designations for the first and second cycles in the same program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Glen

Use internal bits as 'requests', then OR them to fire the 'real' output. Something like this:

| Cycle A Logic
|-----] [---------------( M1 ) Cycle A Ram Down Request
|
|
| Cycle B Logic
|-----] [---------------( M2 ) Cycle B Ram Down Request
|
|
| M1
|-----] [----+----------( Y1 ) Ram Down Output
| |
| M2 |
|-----] [----+

beerchug

-Eric

Another possibility is to use Mitsubishi's step logic where double coil use is permitted. Take a look at the STL statements in the FX Programming Manual (JY992D88101A on the www.meau.com site.

That said, I don't address output directly in the program anyway. I set up what I call an 'Alias' section at the beginning of the ladder that will perform much as Eric's example.

Note: Apparently Siemens uses the same nomenclature (Step) for a different type of function in their PLCs. I haven't had the opportunity to use Siemens as yet.

... rab

I agree with eric this is the best solution or you could use set/reset
(SET/RST), this is allowed without errors