Does ML1200 have optical isolation on Outputs?

Preeya

Hello everyone,

One of my customers asked if Micrologix has opto isolator on the outputs? Does it?

Thanks!

Opto-isolated outputs?

That's a GOOD question! AB used to provide "typical input circuit" information in the manuals, but I haven't found anything in the Micrologix 1200 book. The specs do list the solid state outputs as being FET, which leads me to believe that they're not opto-isolators. They don't list anything at all for the expansion I/O except to say whether they are sourcing or sinking.

If it is imperitive to know, I would call AB directly about it...especially if your customer is paying you by the hour to sit on hold until the next available service representative.......(actually, I've found them to be pretty good about not leaving you out there forever).

CB

Yeah.. there is no mention about opto-isolation on the manual. I didn't have much luck with the service rep too...

Thanks for your reply