CompactLogix and CompactFlash

AJW

I downloaded a file from AB CF_Write_READ.
They tested it using a Control Logix.

I have a Compactlogix w/Ethernet. The only other
card is a Devicenet Scanner connected to
(14 PF-40)
(4 PF-4) 2 each connected to 1 PF-40
(10 Compact Block I/O combo 8in 8out)
(1 PV-600 Plus on ethernet)

I have had trouble getting CF_write_read to work.

Has anybody tried this with any luck??

Logix5000 ver13 and Link ver 2.42(i think)

I would like to have this feature to save recipe files.
None of my local guy's have tried this.

Thanks
Andy

I have done exactly what you are describing with success except I was using a 1756-L63 ControlLogix processor. I suspect that the routines don't work with the CompactLogix. You might try contacting Rockwell tech support and ask them if you can do it with a CompactLogix.

Anyway, go to the knowledge base article at http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...CEE08DD62CF15FB985256F0800512F97?OpenDocument This article includes all the routines and directions on how to apply them to a ControlLogix processor.

Let us know how you make out.