S7Applets dont work on CP343-1IT

plc_tippser

P
Hello at all,

I tried to use the S7Applets for a Website that runs in the CP343-1 IT. Normal Web pages with Links to other sides are working without problems. But, if I use S7Applets, only one cross in an empty field is indicated.

My web page is in the folder “user”. Here is source.

<APPLET CODE="de.siemens.simaticnet.itcp.applets.S7IdentApplet.class" CODEBASE="/applets/"

ARCHIVE=s7applets.jar, s7api.jar" NAME="s7_MLFB" WIDTH=150 HEIGHT=35>

<PARAM name="RACK" value=0>
<PARAM name="SLOT" value=3>
<PARAM name="BACKGROUNDCOLOR" value=0x00FF00></applet>

That code is copied from the S7 manual.

Hope you can help me,

Best reagardas,

Axel

One question: are you using the English versions of the applets or the German ones? A student here had a lot of problems using the German versions. Almost all problems were solved when he switched to the English versions.

Another issue is the used browser. We had problems with IE, we had to exlude the CP explicitly in the proxy settings before we could communicate with the CP343-1IT.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

plc_tippser said:

ARCHIVE=s7applets.jar, s7api.jar" NAME="s7_MLFB" WIDTH=150 HEIGHT=35>

I had problems with the archive line because the original version included capitals on this line and in the filenames on the card. When I re-downloaded the files to the card the capitals disappeared in the filename and the archive no longer worked until I removed the capitals from this line.

plc_tippser said:
<APPLET CODE="de.siemens.simaticnet.itcp.applets.S7IdentApplet.class"

The capitals here should be OK, this points to a file contained in the archive and will not change case unless the archive is changed and recompiled. Even then only likely if you renamed it with different letter case.

You should also be able to bring up the Java console. If you clear the errors in it and re-run your applet the new errors will give some insight.

Thanks for the good tips.
The problem was/is the IE. The Netscape shows me the applets.
There wasn´t problems with the german applets, not yet.

Where can I find the English applets?

Axel