1746 No4i

Just as an offside comment, here is a trick I have used with great success on two jobs where I had total design control over the IO.

Simply this. Put an ordinary forward biased IN4001 diode (or similar) in series with all analog IO.

The 0.6v drop is of no consequence in normal operation; BUT all you need to do to measure the current in the loop is pop your meter across the diode and viola!!... there is your current reading.

No links, fuses or any break of the loop at ALL!

Similar Topics

Dear Friends, Need your expert opinion. We have SLC500 and installed Analog Output module is 1746-NO4I. Scaling and PID configuration is 0~16383...
Replies
Views
Today we started commissioning an SLC 5/04 system that a customer purchased used. The entire system presumably was fully operational at the...
Replies
Views
Greetings; We have a flow meter measuring our Process Water flow, and it sends a 4-20 mA signal to a SLC 5/05 through a 1746-NI8. The head...
Replies
Views
I've experiencing problems regarding the decimal equivalent to mA reading of each channel. Based on 1746 NO4I manual, the equivalents are: 1...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in the field. Long story short... their original devices have failed, and they're not getting the required temperature (analog) data. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom