and Microcontroller is having Ports, if take case of 8051 its having 4 ports
so PLC is Upgratded version of Microcontroller

feel free to ask any question

Thanks
Sandeep

PLC ckt dia using Microcontroller

plc ckt.jpg

Thank you ,Sandeep.

But, I have read in books that plc is a microprocessor based device.
Also ,some seniors have told me that it is a microcontroller based device.Thats why I have asked this question.

Please, send your views.

My english is not so good, it may have grammatical mistakes so plz neglect it .

Thank you.

Who cares? As long as it does what we want it to do it doesn't matter what's in the heart of the PLC.

I have seen PLCs based on microprocessors as well as based on microcontrollers. PLCs based on microcontrollers are mostly brick types with no or very limited possibilities when it comes to adding extra IO. Most modular PLCs I've seen are based on microprocessors. Simatic S5-100U for instance is based on 8080 and it's derivatives. The S5-95U is based on a 80C32 or something alike. This is essentially a microcontroller (it has ports) based on the 8080, which is a microprocessor (it has no ports). So where do microprocessors end and microcontrollers start? This is sometimes vague.

Kind regards,

Hello amarjeet patil

You could learn more about PLC either from the "Learn PLC" icon on the top menu of this webby, or you could understand it from this link .

To learn about the 8051 microcontrollers, it's from this link .
Hope these will enlighten you.

I think the 8051s does not apply to what you are asking though...but doesn't hurt to learn a little more extras. MCUs are pretty fun to play with.
"blah blah blah..."

s

Hi amarjeet
See processor Evoultion is started with applcation of 8085
but for it u have to interface 8255 PORT chip so Microcontroller is a devices having all in One (basic level)
as We go further u Find their are processors which haveing More counters, Timers supports more data types , so as a Custom built application u need a such device which is comabtible with Industrial Devices
u can surf PLCS.net for basic of PLCs or search for Logixpro sim

Thanks and regards
Sandeep Patil