panelmate 1500 communication

sapoleon

well, here is my problem today.
i am trying to download some new configuration to a panelmate 1500, but it seems i cant.
i must say that the panelmate is not in premium condition. but in theory works.
i made the cable, like the manual says, i also see here some post with the some diagram (sub_d9 - rj11). i tried in all the speeds, to transfer, but get always an error.
next thing i did, was to shorcut the rts and cts in each side.
tried again with that, but it also didnt work.
so, i can say i dont have any idea of what to do next... someone says that maybe the send and receive in the computer are switched, but i tried in two computers, so i dont think so... (must try anyway to swithch teh cables).
i will gladly accept sugestions even if the sugestion is throu that panel! i have a few hours with it, and my patience (normaly short) is already out.

thanx

Did you try the cable described in this thread?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12413

Did you place the PanelMate into serial transfer mode (not network transfer mode) before you tried to download the configuration? Are you connecting the download cable to port 1 on the PanelMate? Port 2 will not accept configuration downloads. What error message are you getting from the PanelMate transfer utility software?