RSView Studio 3.20 to PVP 3.10

Hundikoer

Hi.
Can anybody tell me, is it posible to send project, created in RSView Studio ver. 3.20 to PV+ ver. 3.10?
I really hope I do not have to upgrade these terminals, as there is no actuall need.

BR
Lauri

Most of the PanelView+ is NOT backwards compatible.

If you upgrade the panel firmware, make sure you use the ethernet connection, as using the serial port is almost a commitment for life.

Lauri,

I feel your pain. I just had to go through this exercise a couple of weeks ago when I upgraded my RSView ME dev package to 3.2, but still had terminals out there with Firmware version 3.1.

I liked the Compact Flash method for upgrading. Pretty straight forward. You just have to remember 2 important things:

1. BEFORE upgrading, make sure to go into the config screens on the terminal and disable the autostart feature for your application. If you don't, you'll be in a world of hurt since the upgrade wipes out your communications configuration and your app will lockup because it can't talk to your PLC.

2. Remember to reconfigure your communications on the terminal(e.g. IP address on Ethernet terminals) AFTER upgrading and before restarting your app or you will find yourself again in a lot of pain.

Failing to follow these two steps will result in having to basically wipe out your runtime file from the terminal and then reload it after you have correctly configured communications.

Use the FUW utility to make your compact flash card and remember that as soon as you insert it into the slot on the terminal, the upgrade process initializes.

Good Luck,
Jeff

I think you have to upgrade the firmware.

I have found that getting a compactFlash card worth every penny.

I just had to do it with a 3.0 PV that I reprogrammed with 3.1. I needed a new version of WinCE and I think that a CF card was the only way to do it.

It is also significantly faster than ethernet.

Thanks for replies
That's what I was afraid of.
At least this time I have to use Ethernet and have a couple of sigarets on site.

BR
Lauri

Has anyone had any quality issues or delivery issues with a pv+1250 touch ?
The last one I ordered took almost 3 months.
Have had 2 that the ethernet port died.
Had 1 run fine through all of "setup / debugging" went to instll in machine and it was dead.

Thanks Drewcrew6

I haven't had any delivery issues but we mainly use the PV+ 700 or 1000. We certainly have had quality issues though, we have had several 700 units with defective TFT screens some out of the box. AB stated that they got a bad batch of TFT screens which were used and sent to customers prior to the problem being detected.